The Burbs Special Edition

Welcome to our first pseudo special edition! Hopefully, with your approval of this package, we’ll be able to do more of this stuff in the future, but for now let’s all just enjoy our Special Edition of the Burbs!

This is a movie that everybody loves… everyone who’s seen it that is! With this year marking its 20th Anniversary, it seemed only appropriate to try and put some kind of package of extras, like you’d find on a DVD if universal would grace us with one.

There are a myriad of features here starting with a feature length commentary, cast and crew interviews with Wendy Schall, Courtney Gains, Corey Feldman, Robert Picardo, Joe Dante, Michael Finnell and Dana Olsen, followed by an excerpt of an alternate ending read by writer Dana Olsen (exclusive) and then two featurettes. Now, the featurettes are of course audio, one discussing various movie references in the Burbs and the other giving us some career highlights of Henry Gibson who played Dr. Klopek in the movie. It’s also worth pointing out that this our first video file going up on the new site. This just a small clip from a longer video interview with Bob and hopefully the first of many video additions to the site.

We hope you enjoy all of these goodies and thank everyone who took time out of their schedules to participate.

Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

11 Comments

• Reply Eric

WOW !! Thanks a lot ! This is my favorite movie of all time !!!

January 15, 2010 at 12:25 pm
  • Reply T.J.

Favorite movie! Thank you so much!!!

January 18, 2010 at 5:39 am
  • Reply Shemp

My family loves this movie! Thanks for all these cool interviews. There needs to be more stuff like this out there.

I hope you guys keep doing more stuff like this!

February 1, 2010 at 3:39 pm
  • Reply k24uk

Great stuff, favourite movie, thanks guys!!

February 13, 2010 at 8:00 am
  • Reply Chris

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I cannot tell you how long I’ve waited for some Burbs special features. This is one of my top 5 favorite movies of all time. This movie just makes me so happy.

Thank you again!

February 14, 2010 at 6:08 pm
  • Reply Markus

This IS an incredible work. Thank you for all this effort. For us Burbanites this is like heaven. Did you already hear from our Burbs Online Community. You can join us if you like the site:

March 8, 2010 at 10:55 am
  • Reply RQ

Awesome! I have a special place for this movie in my heart– it’s very funny and quite observant and definitely a “movie fan’s” movie. Your interviews and commentary were spot-on and I want to thank-you for your hard work. I’ve enjoyed listening to all of your supplements and please continue your work– you guys are great! I’ve only really liked a few podcasts but this one is at the top of the list. You’ve mastered the concept of creating the “unofficial” collector’s edition by going after the creators and doing your homework. Please continue… I will listen… and donate.

June 1, 2010 at 6:57 pm
  • Reply RC

Great job!!!!! Thank you so much! What a great job you did!!!

July 3, 2010 at 3:03 pm
  • Reply Ferris

For anyone who owns a PAL version of the film, the commentary track will be out of sync with your DVD, but don’t let that put you off because it’s worth listening to.

Good work, fellas.

August 10, 2010 at 4:31 am
  • Reply Darko Petrovic

You legend! Thanks for doing this, I have loved The ‘Burbs since I was a kid and saw it for the first time in 1995. This is the best set of special features I have seen for my favourite film so far. Hopefully they release a Blu-Ray sometime soon!

November 7, 2011 at 5:36 pm
  • Reply Gav

I still have this page bookmarked great work

August 19, 2013 at 3:10 pm